What's new with This Blog and My Other Blogs?

What's new with This Blog and My Other Blogs?

What's new with This Blog and My Other Blogs?

October 2011
Here's the latest goings-on with my blogs"
George in Thailand
Since several members of my family have asked how I was doing with all the flooding in Thailand, I have posted some observations and three videos. In Meet My New Thai Friend I introduce you to Pramool. Charming!
Twins in a World of Singletons
I haven't made any new postings recently. When I have any new thoughts or feelings or observation on what it means to be a twin, I will post them.
The Lotus Sutra and Me
I haven't made any new postings for awhile, but I have plenty of notes for when I do.
George W. Ross, MEd
Nothing new here either. Since this is primarily for those interested in my background and experience in my professional life as an educator. As I am retired and not teaching any longer, I have nothing new to add!
A note about how I prepare to write for my blogs: I carry a little notebook with me, and whenever something that I think you'll like or that I simply want to share, I write about it in a new post.

That's all, Folks!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sypathetic Vibrations

Sympathetic vibrations, a term familiar to all musicians, refers to the phenomenon of something vibrating in sympathy with something else vibrating.  We've all had the experience of an annoying sound which seems to come from nowhere.  We keep wondering Where is that terrible sound coming from?  We trace it down and find that it is coming from, for example, a fan.  But the fan is not on and is unplugged.  So how can it sound?  Then we find that there's someone outside using a jackhammer which is sending out its strong vibrations, not only to the operator but also to our fan!  The fan is vibrating in sympathy with the jackhammer, perhaps even feeling sorry for the jackhammer operator!


When I was working on my screen play about my twin and me, I thought of calling it Sympathetic Vibrations.


So what's sympathetic vibrations got to do with The Lotus Sutra and Me?   My reflections here in this blog always come out from something in my soul that vibrates in sympathy with something I am chanting from the Lotus Sutra.  It's what's often called an Ah-Ha! experience.  I have been chanting the second and sixteenth chapters of the Lotus Sutra since 1984, and still I have those ah-ha moments.  It's like there are moments in reciting the Our Father that suddenly we experience Thy kingdom come as if hearing it for the first time.


Sympathetic Vibrations.  I have learned to never ignore anything read, seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or felt that sets off something that gets my soul vibrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment